Angel Capital Group criteria and deal flow
Abstracts by VNC staff
1. Companies with unique or protectable products or services (see 10, below) with large market opportunities and recurring revenue models.
2. Companies with a management team in place.
4. Companies that are within six months of the inflection point of making meaningful revenue, at a minimum.
5. Companies that will become cashflow positive within 24 months and breakeven within 36 months, at a minimum.
6. Series A preferred rounds; occasionally a Series B or Common offering if the venture is outstanding.
10. Companies in the technology, software as a service, medical devices, biotech/life sciences, and advanced materials sectors. We also look at greentech, energy, financial services, and digital/web media sectors with an occasional consumer product. We generally do not invest in service-based businesses outside of software and finance. We generally do not invest in the food/bev sector unless it is a uniquely marketable brand. And, we don't invest internationally at this time.
1. Nitride Solutions has a patented substrate material that it says enables an entirely new class of energy switching, LED, and laser electronic devices.
2. Greenwizard has offers the LEED/green market a subscription-based service via an online searchable database for green building materials information.
3. ManageURiD is an information protection service that offers to cleanse the Internet of your personal information.
4. OnCore Golf offers a hollow steel core golf ball that it says has unsurpassed distance and features that reduce hooking and slicing. They recently received their USGA approval, and will launch in 1Q15, with global distribution.
5. Ascendant Diagnostics has identified 12 biomarkers in human tears that it says identify breast cancer, and plans to take a point-of-care test strip to market by EY14.
6. Venture360 aims to serve Angel groups and funds as AngelList serves individual angels, with a management platform for venture-style portfolio management. V360 offers both investor- and entrepreneur-facing services.
7. CampusConnectr (formerly UmatchRM) offers a student-engagement platform for universities, with an ad-revenue model associated with a private social network.
8. Matchpoint Careers - The company uses psychometric testing to match job seekers with employment opportunities as a service.
9. TVAX Biomedical is in Phase III trials with a candidate it believes represents a novel immune therapy for cancer, according to ACG.
10. OptiVia Medical - OptiVia Medical is a medical device company looking to employ its patented technology platform to support minimally invasive visualization and access of body cavities and anatomical sites.
11. ABPathfinder - ABPathfinder is designed to help therapists be more productive in serving children with autism.
12. Innara Health - Innara (fka KCBioMedix®) develops neonatal care technologies for preterm, full-term and critical care infants. Its offering helps address infant non-nutritive suck problems.
13. CityZenith (formerly Screampoint) - Through its platform and apps, this company aims to make it easier to access, analyze, use, share, and monetize city data. An open source, production-ready, multi-dimensional cloud solution.
14. Moblico - Moblico is a mobile backend as a service (BaaS) platform with full engagement, loyalty, and monetization tools for mobile developers, system integrators and mobile marketers.
15. SIGNiX - SIGNiX is a cloud-based e-signature service that makes it easy for businesses to get their documents signed online.
16. Pandoodle - Pandoodle is a digital media technology company with proprietary software for video customization with insertion of computer-generated images. Hyper-targeted brand placement is one application.
17. Gamma 2 Robotics - G2R proprietary software is an artificial intelligence technology to enable autonomous operation of robots without manual supervision or remote control.
18. Prima-Temp - Its OvuRing™ wireless temperature sensor addresses fertility awareness and sends alerts to users' mobile devices. VNC