The TENN master accelerator cohort for 2016-17
adapted from submission
Published Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:43 am
Launch Tennessee (Tennessee Technology Development Corp.) on Oct. 19 announced the 2016-17 cohort of The TENN, the master accelerator program for startups selected from among involved with state-funded regional entrepreneur centers and other accelerator programs. LaunchTN said half the companies have female founders. The startups:
- Avrio Analytics - Knoxville - CodeWorks + Village 36: Avrio is a SaaS company that offers predictive marketing services to mid-market companies currently excluded from the big data market due to high cost and high-risk investments.
- Everly - Nashville - Village 36: Everly creates natural drink mixes to help people stay energized and drink more water, and for every box purchased, we provide life-saving rehydration salts to children with waterborne disease.
- Grow Bioplastics - Knoxville - University Venture Challenge + CO.STARTERS + What's the Big Idea: We're improving food sustainability by offering farmers, greenhouse managers and nursery operators a range of renewable, biodegradable plastic products made from lignin, a paper industry byproduct, eliminating regular plastic disposal costs.
- MomSource Network - Knoxville - Knoxville Startup Day: MomSource Network connects educated, professional women to flexible full-time, permanent part-time, job-shared and telecommute opportunities. We also provide professional development and networking for members of our Network.
- Rendever - Cambridge, Massachusetts - GIGTANK: Rendever is an MIT startup that offers a research-based virtual reality platform to improve the aging process by providing cognitive stimulation and social engagement for the elderly.
- RootsRated - Chattanooga - Village 36: RootsRated provides software-driven content marketing solutions for outdoor brands and destination marketers.
- SweetBio - Memphis - ZeroTo510: Our vision is to revolutionize healing because the world deserves to smile. Starting in dental, SweetBio specifically designed a dental membrane uniquely utilizing Manuka honey to promote healing.
- Utilize Health - Nashville - Jumpstart Foundry + Village 36: Utilize Health is a care coordination solution comprised of digital tools and concierge services provided to health plans and hospital systems to reduce care costs and improve patient health. [###]