VNC Update 21 Jan. 2016 - The 2016 final event for The TENN will be April 21, 2016 at City Winery.-Ed.
From the original release:
Launch Tennessee [Tennessee Technology Development Corp.] today announced the eight companies chosen to participate in this year's cohort of The TENN, its unique master accelerator program for graduates of Tennessee's network of entrepreneur centers.
The TENN program is sponsored by UBS, a global financial services firm with a presence across Tennessee, including the UBS Business Solutions Center Nashville, which opened in the spring of 2014.
Companies selected for The TENN's 2015-2016 cohort are:
- Branch Technology - Chattanooga - GIGTANK: Branch Technology combines freeform 3D printing technology, large scale industrial robots and conventional construction materials to create buildings without design limits.
- DivorceSecure - Memphis - StartCo: DivorceSecure is a workflow and collaboration platform for divorce attorneys to automate and streamline the intake process, create a negotiation strategy based on the clients' preferences.
- Innovasan - Knoxville - CO.LAB: Innovasan has created the only technology solution for affordable, sustainable and safe on-site treatment of fluid medical waste in hospitals, surgery centers and other medical treatment facilities.
- KaraoQ - Nashville - Project Music: KaraoQ develops technologies that enhance how people interact and engage in venues by digitizing the antiquated karaoke experience for nightlife enthusiasts.
- LendMed - Memphis - StartCo: LendMed's platform provides hospitals a controlled environment for borrowing and lending medical supplies, allowing them to initiate requests, approve requests, and keep an itemized accounting system of debts.
- Preteckt - Memphis - StartCo: Preteckt predicts vehicle breakdowns before they happen through hardware that is placed into the vehicle's sensor data, which extracts over 16,000 signals in real-time.
- Remix Hits - Nashville - Project Music: Remix Hits turns licensed hit songs into software to aid music creators in the sampling/remix process, along with an automated licensing system that instantly determines royalty splits upon upload.
- Sing and Spell - Knoxville - MediaWorks: Sing and Spell has created an animated, musical program that teaches pre-preschoolers alphabet letter basics through lessons and original songs.
"We look forward to working with this diverse group of early-stage companies who are all outstanding graduates and representatives of Tennessee's network of entrepreneur centers," said Charlie Brock, CEO of Launch Tennessee. "The TENN program will offer them another level of support with increased exposure as well as networking opportunities to investors, mentors and potential customers."
The program will begin Oct. 21 with the companies having the opportunity to attend Launch Tennessee's board meeting followed by an event during which the entrepreneurs will meet the master mentors they will be working closely with throughout the program. The full TENN program will include training in The Rockefeller Habits, a business management system, and learning days on key business topics, such as marketing, financial management and operations. They will also travel throughout Tennessee to meet executives at top corporations during a weeklong roadshow and fly to California and New York for networking trips. The program will conclude with a demo day in spring 2016.
Entrepreneurship is one of two philanthropic focus areas for UBS, this year's presenting sponsor of The TENN. Through the firm's signature program, UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs, a portfolio of strategic partnerships and programs with national nonprofit organizations, UBS Community Affairs & Corporate Responsibility, Americas is committed to bringing the right resources to the right entrepreneurs to help spur economic growth....