FROM THE NEXUS GROUP
NASHVILLE -- The Nexus Group, home to Tennessee's largest independent Internet and data-services provider, today announced the expansion and consolidation of its Middle Tennessee facilities and the launch of eNtegrity(SM) program for service, security and sustainablity.
Nexus Co-Founder and CEO Jerry Dunlap (left) announced the company has relocated its Nashville Regional Exchange Point (NREP) broadband facility and its networks, information-technology and professional-services divisions within a new 19,000-sq. ft. secure data center located at a secure Davidson County location.
Nexus Group and its Nexus Networks division serve nearly 10,000 businesses, institutions and residences throughout Tennessee, with current annual revenue more than $5 million.
Previously, the 14-year-old The Nexus Group (formerly ISDN Net) had headquarters and NREP facility resident in separate quarters on Nashville's West End Avenue. The precise Davidson County address of the new data-center location was not included in the company's announcement, in the interest of security. Nexus maintains additional data-centers in both Memphis and Knoxville.
Dunlap said, "The economic downturn has only sharpened corporate and consumer awareness of the extraordinary importance of securing and enhancing the core value of business knowledge, data, connectivity and applications vital to business processes and personal relationships."
"Nashville's chronic shortage of hosted data-center services, security and systems expertise and reliable connectivity has only become more apparent in recent months," Dunlap added.
Dunlap also announced that The Nexus Group is simultaneously launching its new eNtegrity(SM) Quality of Service (QoS) initiative, to ensure the company continues to innovate and anticipate customers' needs.
Dunlap said the eNtegrity initiative will be lead by Vice President Frank Platt (below right) and newly appointed Director of Operations Joy Mangrum (at left) and will encompass innovation, customer assurance and technical services for current and future customers.
"The increasingly complex needs of businesses and individuals, our integration of acquired companies, the rapid response required by startups and rapidly changing companies, plus our continued determination to maintain unsurpassed service quality have prompted the eNtegrity push," Dunlap explained.
The Nexus Group portfolio includes:
• Rapid-start and sustainable computing and Green IT energy resources, with all data-center energy consumption managed for greatest return, and with all power offset by energy from verified renewable power sources. Nexus is a leader in supporting cloud-computing and providing the computing infrastructure required for software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
• Connectivity from dialup and DSL to T-1 and Gigabit (1,000 GBPS) Metro-Ethernet Connections, with available dedicated high-speed Internet access for mission-critical applications. Service Level Agreements ensure on-demand capacity and services.
• Security and stability: redundant uninterruptible power sources, multiple levels of access security, fire suppression systems and backup data-centers in other cities. Built-in redundancy via Nashville Regional Exchange Point (NREP) carrier-neutral hub.
• Enterprise computing and connectivity: Managing hosting, messaging, data storage, load balancing, optimal virtualization and mirroring, system administration and related functions.
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Data replication and virtual servers, disaster recovery suites and offices for when the unavoidable occurs.
• Information Security: 24/7 security monitoring; vulnerability scans and intrusion prevention; network antivirus and web monitoring; managed firewall and virtual private networks.
• Full suite of professional services, including technology strategies, architecture, design and engineering, project and systems management.
To contact The Nexus Group, please visit www.NXS.net or phone Nashville (615) 221-4200; Knoxville (865) 673-4451; Memphis (901) 869-8000; or, Toll Free (888) 554-4736.
This release provided by The Nexus Group, a client of Milt Capps Communications.